Kubernets Inc together with MLH and Microsoft hosted its first ever one day Hackathon “Kubernets Edu Hack Day 2019” to support hackers all over the world in this celebration of learning, building, and sharing!
Local Hack Day: Build is a global hack day that enables community to get first-hand experience bringing their ideas to life participating in a hackathon. Over the course of 12 hours, attendees from Uganda, Beni, Bunia DRC used hardware, software, and powerful Microsoft Azure cloud services to build everything from websites to robots to mobile apps and more. In 2018, Local Hack Day: Build brought out more than 11,000 participants across 52 countries and 333 cities around the world and this year we are proud to Join MLH and Microsoft in supporting Hackers around the world.
We had all skill levels, from beginners to the most veteran developers.100 hackers who participated and joined others across hundreds of locations support one another in learning new skills and building positive and inclusive communities.
Everyone who attended had access to:
- Hack with Azure – check out the GitHub repo for easy access to free tutorials and resources including Azure for Students – you can get 25+ developer services and USD100 in cloud credit free, no credit card required.
- GitHub Education Pack – real-world developer tools and training, plus students who join receive GitHub Pro at no charge while in school.
- MLH Localhost workshops – Localhost makes it easy for you to teach today’s most essential tech skills so you and your community can level up together.
- Microsoft Learn – with free learning paths and tutorials, you can try out modules in artificial intelligence, data science, machine learning, and more.
- And of course – awesome swag from MLH!
We had digital mentorship from Microsoft Cloud Advocates and MLH staff in our global chat room that connects hackers across every continent to the global hacker community of MLH not forgetting the Kubernets Inc Engineering Team.